Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Writing By The Seat Of The Pants. Or, WTF!?

So, yesterday I'm plugging away on my NaNo story, got a really hot sex scene finished and moved on to some interaction between the 3 characters. Where I ended up leaving off, it looks like there's going to be some menage action happening soon. Within the next few chapters, at any rate.

WTF? First I end up with a character who's a shapeshifter, now I have a menage that I certainly didn't plan. That boy Urian. He's getting me into trouble already.

But, boy, has he been inspirational! I wrote 3,815 words on my NaNo book, and another 1,075 on my novella (for a total of almost 5,000 words!). Hmmm. Interesting that in both works I have characters who can either shapeshift into a cougar or who carry the DNA of a cougar. Guess I've got a cougar, um, fetish going on right now. (And no! No animal sex. Ugh. That's just disgusting. You'd be amazed at some of the stuff I turned up in my research. That people actually do this stuff...! Ack. Argh. Phooey!) {shudder}

And stay tuned for early in the year for a serialized story contributed to by me, Jenna Howard and Kate Lang. If nothing else, it'll be fun. But, don't try this at home. LOL


P.S. On the low-carb front, I've completed Day Three. I can already tell a difference in my energy/alertness level. When I was eating bad carbs, I'd be ready for bed by 7 p.m. No kidding. I had to make myself stay up until at least 9. And forget about getting much writing done. Way too tired. Last night I was up until eleven, and this morning (so far, anyway), I am raring to go again--3 pounds lighter. Yay low carbs!

9 comments:

For The Trees said...

...
I've been on a high protein, low carb diet ever since I was in my mid-20s - 30 years now. It really works, when you STAY away from the sugary snacks.

You GO, Girl! You can have more energy than a three-year-old on a sugar high! YAAAAYYYY!

I want to see your collaboration work...where do I go?

Forrest

Sherrill Quinn said...

We'll probably have a separate blog, Forrest. Stay tuned.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Ah, Kate, dahling. How did you guess my secret workout session? Ass-booting. Really burns calories... :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, hon, if you're contortionist enough to do it, feel free! :)

Sloane Taylor said...

Good Job, Sherrill. You're writing your little heart out and I'm jealous but in a good way.

Congrats on the weight loss! So that low-carb thing really works, huh? Again, you're my inspiration.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Yep, the low-carb thing really works. I just need to stay on it this time. :)

Caz said...

I agree low carbs are good. ( I say as I stuff another sandwich in my mouth) :P

Keep smiling hun

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Caz. Still lovin' the template!

smr said...

Congrats on the diet, Sherrill. Keep up all the good, hard work. Hmm. Good. Hard. Erotic romance. Oops. I do tend to get distracted easily and often. *BG* ~Su