Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks

Thank you, Lord, for allowing me to live in a country where I am free to express my opinion and voice my disagreement. And thank You for all the brave men and women who now and in the past have fought and given their lives for that freedom.


Thank you, Lord, for the food on my table, the car in my garage, the roof over my head, the clothes on my back and all the luxuries You've afforded.


Thank you, Lord, for giving me the talent to put the whacked-out stories in my mind into words.


Thank you, Lord, for my family. They love me, even though sometimes they don't quite understand me.


Thank you, Lord, for my friends. They are the ones who carry me through tough times, lending me their shoulders when I need to cry out in pain; the sharp-pointed boot to my behind when I'm being too much of a slacker; the strong voice of encouragement when I start to lose my belief in myself.

God bless you all!

3 comments:

For The Trees said...

God Bless You, Sherrill.
Forrest

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put.

jenna;)

smr said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! ~Su