Saturday, November 05, 2005

Did I Fry My Brain?

On Thursday I wrote just over 2,100 words toward my NaNoWriMo project, and almost 1,900 on my short story. Wow! But yesterday I only managed 900 words on NaNo. Zero on the short story.

Have I fried my brain? Or did I just get too late of a start? I think my most productive time is the morning, up to about 1 p.m. I can write in the afternoon and evenings, but I don't get the quantity that I get in the morning hours. A friend and I got together for an early lunch and a brainstorming session on promotions. (Because, frankly, I don't have a clue!)

Before I knew it, it was almost 2:00 in the afternoon. I came on home and really couldn't write anything. I just couldn't concentrate. Sat and stared at the screen for a while, then just shut it all down. Figured I'd have to make it up today, after I get back from a medical test.

And if nothing comes to me, I'll just have to write crap until it gets better. I can't have two days in a row that aren't productive.

Writers write. I have to keep telling myself that. You're a writer. So write.

No comments: