Tuesday, November 01, 2005

NaNoWriMo Madness Has Begun

Well, it's official. Jenna Howard and I are completely out of our ever-lovin' minds.

We signed up for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), where we've committed to writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I had questioned Jenna's sanity before; now, there's no doubt.

But what about me?? I've been having trouble getting an 8,000 word short story completed. I should be able to kick something like that out in about four or five days. Earlier than that, if I'm particularly verbose. But... 50,000 words in 30 days?

Oy vey. I don't have all the GMC figured out yet. I have the G. I have the M. I have some of the C. But... who's the villain? I haven't figured that out yet. What happens once the inciting event happens? Dunno. Am I going to be able to make the hero sympathetic while he's being a real ass at the beginning of the story? (gulp) Again with the Oy. I am so screwed.

I think it's safe to say that I'm as loco as my friend Jenna. Maybe more so. I'm older. I should know better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...You're older. You're suppose to be my mentor.

I need a drink. Is 9 am too early for a drink? We need an official NaNo drink.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, 9 a.m. Calgary time is too early for a drink. But that makes it some time in the afternoon in London, so feel free to lift a toast to the Brits. :)

I think a Naked on the Beach would do just fine for a NaNoWriMo drink.

SQ