Saturday, November 12, 2005

My Muse... She's Fired!

In Thursday's blog, I bemoaned the fact that my fickle Muse had gone off to play, leaving me stranded. After taking a long nap (because my allergies were kicking my butt), I woke to discover that she was down in Texas, providing help to someone who visits my blog fairly frequently--Forrest, better known as "for the trees".

I have decided that she can stay in Texas. Forrest, you keep her, okay? She seems to like you better, anyway. Fickle Muse. (mutter, mutter)

I went out and got a male Muse to guide me, restore me, inspire me. Meet Urian (Greek for "from the heavens"):



Ay carumba! He's all sultry and sexy and nekkid. What a guy, taking off his clothes for my inspiration. Gotta love that in a Muse.

Now, I'm off to throw some stuff in the crockpot that will later be known as chili, brew some iced tea, run the vacuum, dust, unclutter the couch, clean the bathrooms and run several loads of laundry. I'm several thousand words behind my goal for my NaNo project, AND I still have a short story/novella to work on, AND I have final tweaking for my Kensington submission, so Urian and I are gonna get to know each other a little bit better.

Grrrrr.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I.

Just.

Went.

Into.

Heat.

Sherrill Quinn said...

I know. Aiyeeeee! With what I've done so far with my former fickle Muse, just imagine what Urian and I can do...

Anonymous said...

And where did you find Squire Urien?

(Hey, Jack...no I'm not firing you. Come on, dude, you have a fine hienny. Yes, you have other admirable qualities. No. No you won't be replaced. Here. Have a beer. It's called window shopping. I don't have to buy but I can admire pretty baubles.)

j;)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Oh, I did some 'Net surfing, looking for hot, hunky Muses. Saw a few, but when this bad boy stripped down for me... well, needless to say, he got the job. And tell Jack he doesn't have to worry. I'm NOT sharing this one.

For The Trees said...

Holey Schmoely, Sherrill!! What a great-lloking Muse!

Well, Ariel and I are settling in for some fun times. I don't know what name she was using with you, but she's Ariel to me. And I'm expecting some hot stuff to come out of my keyboard, ESPECIALLY after she's been giving you such great stories!

My old Muse, Jim, is hanging around. He SAYS he's offering marketing advice, but I'll have tosee what happens. So far everything I've written (and published on Lulu.com) doesn't fit any definable market niche, anywhere. Oh, well. That's Jim.

Thanks for Ariel!
Forrest - For The Trees

Sherrill Quinn said...

You're more than welcome! I hope she provides you with much inspiration and doesn't go off partying with other Muses.

And she never told me her name, so go figure that she kept taking off...

Sherrill Quinn said...

Don't leave us in suspense, Kate. Tell us about your new Muse... enquiring minds wanna know.