Friday, November 11, 2005

My Muse Went Off To Play With Kate's...

Yesterday, my friend Kate blogged that her unfaithful Muse had upped and left her, even after she'd cajoled and begged and threatened. Well, it appears that Kate's Muse snuck in and convinced my Muse to go with her. Because yesterday I wrote exactly 307 words. 307, despite being home all day.

307 lousy words.

So, where do Muses go when they're playing hookey, I wonder? To the movies? To the bookstore? Over at Jenna's, ogling her Muse, Jack? In Greece for a long weekend, playing with the gods? (That's where my money is. Either ogling Jack or playing with yummy Greek gods. Damn it. Why doesn't she ever ask me to go along?! And why did I get stuck with a female Muse and Jenna got a hunky guy? Why, I ask you? Why?)

Can one trade in one's Muse? Especially when she's being a non-cooperative pain in the ass?

Inquiring minds wanna know. Because today, today I have to be productive. I'm having family over tomorrow for chili and maybe a rousing game of Balderdash, so I'll be cleaning and cooking. (All right, so there's not a lot of cooking involved in opening cans and tossing the ingredients in the crockpot, but, still. For me, it's cooking.) So I really need to put the fingers on the keyboard and actually have stuff come out.

I need my Muse to get off of Mount Olympus and get her ass back here. Pronto. Cuz I got work to do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a female muse. I fired her. Too much ogling of the cabana boys and my heroes. Jack doesn't check out my heroes or the cabana boys. He doesn't even eye up the heroines because all my guys carry a gun. It seems to be working. I will tell him to haul up his pants so yours & Kate's muses get back to work. Bummer.

Anonymous said...

It's official. Your girls are a.w.ol. Jack said the only one ogling his tush is you. Tch, Sherrill. Blaming your muse.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well... he's got an awfully nice tush.

Guess that means the girls are on Mt. Olympus carrying on with Ares and Apollo.

Need to get them back...

For The Trees said...

I think they're all over at my house. I'm writing like mad!!

I'll send 'em over in a bit...

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, there you have it then. They're cavorting with Forrest. Hmm. Two female Muses went to a male writer. The male Muse stayed with his female writer.

Okey-dokey. I'm firing my Muse and heading out to look for a male Muse who won't run off...