Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Another Good Day

I've managed to stay on goal with my NaNo project, although on Monday I wasn't so sure I'd be able to. It was a struggle to get written what I did, and that was less than 1,000 words. Not gonna get to 50,000 words on November 30th by writing 1,000 words a day. Ain't gonna happen.

Yesterday, I managed to corral myself and focus on writing. I made my goal with NaNo, plus got 900 words closer to finishing the short story I'm working on. Should be finishing the little story today, and plan on starting another one. I'm taking the advice of Angela Knight. In a message board on the Passionate Ink site recently she recommended that many successful writers started out by writing a lot of short stories. I am finding that I can do well with 8-10,000 word shorts. It forces me to write lean and mean, to so speak.

So, today, it's (hopefully) another 2,000 words on NaNo, and finish the short. (Or, in the words of Pinky and the Brain: "Say, Brain, what do ya wanna do tonight?" "The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world.")

One short story at a time...

No comments: