Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sometimes Ya Gotta Just Go With The Flow

Well, I didn't make my 2,000 word NaNoWriMo goal yesterday, but I did enough to keep up with the average daily required word count. I also did some unplanned work on my local RWA chapter's newsletter (I'm a co-editor). Then I'd planned to move on to my wolf story, but my Muse was pretty stubborn about that. She kept insisting that I start another short story.

Ya don't argue with the Muse. I guess my werewolf hero, Ryder, and his heroine, Taite, still have some, um, percolating to do.

So I started a story that involves humans with telepathic and telekinetic abilities and the genetically enhanced warriors that guard them. The mentally-endowed humans are being systematically placed in key positions in governments all over the world (and not for good reasons, mind you); the warriors act as their body guards. Biogenetic engineering has rendered these warriors with the appearance of humans, but has given them the abilities and senses of different animals. My hero is Max Didion, the leader of these warriors and a man wholly at ease with who and what he is. A six-foot-four hunk of humanity with the abilities of a cougar. And, of course, he ends up with a heroine named... Cat.

Hopefully in the not-too-distant future, you'll see this story in print. So far, the murder has been discovered...

So, what's the agenda for tomorrow? Write and write some more. I'm shooting again for 2,000 words on my NaNoWriMo project, and maybe 1,000 or so on this new short story.

May the Muse be with me.

No comments: