Thursday, November 17, 2005

I've Got Editors!

A couple of weeks ago, I was assigned the editor for the story that will be in Volume 3 of Torrid Teasers (Careful Wishes). (I've got a picture of the cover below. I know, it says Volume 2, but I've been told it will really be in Volume 3. Whatever. 2. 3. I'm okay with either!) Today I got an email from Jan Janssen, the Executive Editor of Torrid, that my novella, Dragon's Bane, has been assigned to a Senior Editor. (And, just in case you haven't seen it, here's the gorgeous cover that Jinger did for me.)


Woo and hoo! This makes it feel so much more "official." I mean, I've had short stories published in the past, but they were short (under 5,ooo words) and I don't remember having an editor assigned to do anything with them.

Now... I have editors! I feel like a bona fide author!!

(P.S. Yesterday I managed 2,001 words toward NaNoWriMo, and another 575 on my shorter story. All in all, not a bad day.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it an awesome feeling? I still remember getting contacted by Terri at LSB that she was editing my book. And then receiving the edited version. Even with Thawing Winter I got a buzz (without having any plot gaps I might add...whoo and hoo). Yeah, the editing process is a bitch but there's something almost satisfying in receiving edits from an actual editor.

This job rocks.

Why were you moved to March? Inquiring minds want to know...it's been bugging me since the chat.

Sherrill Quinn said...

No idea why it was moved. The way Jan made it sound, it's listed under February incorrectly. But... the cover clearly says Volume 2 with my name on it. I dunno. Jan said she was going to have it fixed on the website and moved to March. My contract says March, so that's what I'm going with.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Brazen Vixens' chat is Sunday at 2, as always. (I was there this past Sunday and chatted to myself for about 10 minutes or so. Nobody else showed up.) :(

WCP's chat is Sunday at 9. Not sure when the next Torrid authors chat is, though. Not sure if Christmas is gonna muck the schedule up.

Anonymous said...

I tried to describe the plunger last night at the chat. That's me, always bringing conversation down a few notches. Sherrill made me do it. hey, even I made the chat despite the game (and yes, we did wipe the ice with red wings, didn't we?)

There's a WCPTorrid talk once a month at FAR. Now, I know there's going to be a fantastic chat the Boxing Day week of December starring, yours truly, at the Torrid Readers yahoo group.

Y'know, just ask Jan when the book is coming out. She'll probably tell ya. I already sent my changes off to the editor for Thawing Winter. My name is Jenna and I. Am. A. Writer.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, I just went over and signed up for the Torrid Readers' Group. I'd forgotten all about it. I'm on so many groups now, it's not even funny.

Hopefully, someone will send an email/reminder as to the exact date of the chat.

For The Trees said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GETTING AN EDITOR!!

That's absolutely WONDERFUL!

You GO, Girl! YEE-HAA!

Sloane Taylor said...

Wonderful. Just wonderful! An EDITOR. How cool is that? She's going to love working with a talented author like you.

Love the covers, very hot.

Congratulations, Sherrill, you've worked hard and it's now paying off.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Sloane. Nice to see you! Thanks for the encouragement all along. It's meant a LOT!

Thanks to you, too, Forrest!