Monday, November 28, 2005

I Love Arizona

It's November 28th, and last night I turned on the heat for the first time this season. I figured, since we had a frost warning out, that it might be a good idea. Of course, the dang thing smelled for a while, but that's to be expected.

The weather here this time of year is why I moved from Ohio five years ago to begin with. If I were still in Akron I'd be wearing sweats in the house, keeping the thermostat set low (and, therefore, the house cold) in order to keep heating bills low, and cussing up a storm as I cleaned snow off the porch, the sidewalk and the car. Today the house did get a bit cold (of course, I was wearing shorts and tank top), so I put on a pair of ankle socks and a light fleece jacket, and was fine.

Temps during the day are still climbing into the 60s. Due to be in the lower 70s by Wednesday. Man, I love it here!


Those of you who are shivering in the cold snow and ice, don't hate me. And remind me of this blog in August when I'm whining about the god-awful heat.

4 comments:

smr said...

No, I don't hate you for living in AZ, Sherrill. I do envy you, though. TreMENdously. I didn't know you were from OH; I'm in SW PA near Pittsburgh, sitting here in my thermal socks, sneakers, jeans, turtleneck and sweatshirt, my fingers getting colder by the minute. We still have some small piles of re-frozen piles of slush/snow on our back porch from being swept aside on Thanksgiving Day. Ugh. Did you take the pic in your blog? It's lovely. Wish I were there.... Maybe one day within this decade we will have an AZ address, after the kids graduate from high school. And congrats on your low-carb progress!! ~Su

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, I hope it's not too far off before your kids are done with school, Su. You'll love it out here! And, no, I didn't take the picture. Went out and snagged it from the Web.

For The Trees said...

Ah, Sherrill - You make my heart hurt, showing saguaros. I miss my long walks in Saguaro Nat'l Park, from the Speedway Gate. There's just something so magnificent about them...the only other thing I REALLY miss is the creosote bushes, they always smelled so wonderful!

I used to write to my relatives and tell them all about Tucson, but since they were living in Texas, it didn't matter to them. And they DID poke fun when it hit 114 one summer. But a good swamp cooler can make all the difference.

I also miss going to the other end of Speedway and walking up from the parking lot across from the Desert Museum. There's a lot to be thankful for, there in Arizona. As long as you're not in Flagstaff!!

Forrest

Anonymous said...

Yeah, yeah. Rub it in. It's going to be cold tomorrow. It snowed. The weather people are using terms like "wind chill."

I think I hate you. ;)