Thursday, October 06, 2005

When the Muse Strikes...

...ya gotta listen. That's why I'm up at 1:00 a.m. (Well, that and the call of nature, if you know what I mean.)

My Muse, I have to say, is very stubborn. Sometimes, she's not satisfied with the pad and lighted pen I have at my bedside (there for just such times as these. No need to turn on a bright light; just click the light on the pen, grab the pad, and start writing.). Sometimes, she has so much to share that I have to get up and get on the laptop. Even though it's very early in the morning, I am wide awake and feeling somewhat intelligent.

And so, M&Ms at my side (because if I have to be up at 1:00 a.m., I'm gonna eat chocolate), I am ready to write. Hopefully my Muse will give me something good. The last time she did this to me, it was darned good stuff. I have to believe it will be just as good this time, too.

No comments: