Friday, October 07, 2005

There's No Rest For The Weary

Over the last 4 days I have written, edited, and submitted a 7k short story to Whiskey Creek Press - Torrid for their Spring Flings anthology. (I already had a working plot and characters from an earlier story that was accepted by Torrid for their Torrid Teasers.)

Now, I'm on to rewriting the story that was critiqued by that editor. I think I've successfully reworked the plot and GMC. My heroine, I hope, is no longer TSTL. Over the next few weeks I will focus my energy on getting this second draft finished and ready for submission. I already have my November project: participating in Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month). The story idea I'm kicking around (which my Muse gave to me a few weeks ago at around 3 a.m.) is sounding more and more like chick-lit. Oy. I've never attempted chick-lit. AND it's sounding like it's gonna be in first-person, which I've never tried, either. I really like getting into the hero's POV in my stories and, when writing in first person, you just can't do that. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, I have a few more ideas bouncing around in my head for more short stories for Torrid anthologies. Hopefully I can juggle all of these characters demanding writing time without turning into a blithering idiot.

We'll see how that goes, too.

No comments: