Tuesday, October 25, 2005

New Release From Shara Lanel


One of my writing buddies, Shara Lanel, has her new book available at Liquid Silver Books. Run over there right now and pick this up. She's a very talented writer, and you're sure to love her stuff.

Diera Rand dreams of dead people; dead people who open their eyes. Funny thing is, they always have the same eyes. Holt Pendragon dreams of being buried alive, while a red-haired witch hovers over him casting a spell. When he meets red-haired Diera, she's skulking in her car with a camera, investigating the disappearance of her boss’s daughter, and Holt is the one dancing around in a circle of witches, not her. Diera hates witches. But she needs Holt’s help to find the missing girl who has been sucked in by a High Priest working dark magic. Will Diera and Holt overcome their differences to find the girl--and maybe get in a little sex magick in between?


Now, a little about me. (It is my blog, after all. And here, it's all about me.) Yesterday I talked about procrastination. And my goals. I had huge intentions of writing all day. Wouldn't you know, about mid-morning, I realized I had the beginnings of a urinary tract infection? Talk about not being able to get much writing done. Between running to the bathroom because I felt like I needed to go, and running to the bathroom because I felt like I needed to go and really did need to go... well, it was rather difficult to concentrate. (I know, I know. TMI.)

I did manage to write just over 2,100 words on the short story, which puts me at just about the half-way mark. (Maybe it was a good thing, this bladder infection, because I apparently did just fine in between trips to the bathroom.)

Now, if I could just use the laptop while I'm on the potty... imagine what I could do!

2 comments:

For The Trees said...

HOLY COW! Laptop on the potty! No more distractions from diarrhea or incontinence! And there's even an outlet in the bathroom where I could plug in the charger! Now to get one of those cushioned commode seats so my thighs won't go numb, and WORDS HERE I COME!!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Yeah, the numb-thigh thing is always a problem...