Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Struggle

All the best intentions in the world will not put words on a page. It was a complete slog through the peanut butter yesterday. Every word was grudgingly pulled from my miniscule fount of creativity.

It's so doggone frustrating. I have other stuff to get to. I am still completely immersed in this story, so I know I'm on the right track. But, have I met The Wall? A huge peanut butter wall?

I hope not. If I have, I guess I need to get out the sledgehammer. Or an ice pick. I never know if it will be easy or hard to chip away at the block. Maybe a butterknife, but chip I must. I have deadlines. Self-imposed, but they are deadlines, nonetheless. I have to move forward. Knife in hand, I'll make peanut butter sandwiches from this stuff 'til it's gone.

Anyone have some jam?

2 comments:

For The Trees said...

I think - no, I KNOW - that the flightiness of the words is the hardest part of this whole writing business. And if you've got it down to peanut butter, at least you'll eat well as you go working at that wall.

I envy you the peanut butter wall. Mine is from depression, and that's all brain chemical stuff that's just the ebb and flow of hormonally-affected neopeptides, no, not digestive, serotonin. That's better.

Thanks for your wonderful blogs.

Sherrill Quinn said...

I hope you are able to do whatever you can to make the writing business work for you. It's never easy, is it? But it's worth it!