Monday, October 24, 2005

It's a New Day!

Last week I was fairly non-productive. With my writing, at least. I spiffied up my website and blog to the point where I don't think they can be spiffied much more. By me, anyway. I have reached the level of my abilities.

So, this week, I have one less thing to let me procrastinate with my writing. Not that, after my RWA chapter meeting on Saturday, I really feel like procrastinating. I'm jazzed. It's time to sit down with a glass of iced tea and start typing. I have two things to finish in the next 6 days: a short story and a rewrite of a novel for a (requested!) submission to Ellora's Cave. That's a tall order, especially since I'm only about halfway finished with the novel. But, starting November 1st, I'm participating in Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month) and will have at least 50,000 words to write on a new story. This week, then, I must not be distracted. I must refrain from checking my email every 10 minutes or so.

Of course, now that I know that a Yahoo! search on my name gives MY website as the first "hit"... there you go. Yet another distraction. But, yay me! A Google search shows me at #2 and #4, in conjunction with my contest placement with the FF&P contest, and my position as contest coordinator with Passionate Ink. So I have yet to "arrive" at Google.

But, just a few weeks ago I wasn't showing up at all on either search engine, so it's all progress.

Now, as soon as I realize that my blog could become a procrastination tool, I'll get off it and start writing...

No comments: