Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Would You Look At This!


My uncle sent this picture to me. It's a white peacock (not an albino--his eyes aren't red)--doesn't he look like a big, beautiful snowflake? I've seen live peacocks (one of my grandmother's cousins had two when I was a kid) and they're beautiful. Loud, but beautiful. But this guy...! He's gorgeous.

My sister's due into town tonight. We're going out to dinner with my sister-in-law (bro's off to Iowa on a business trip... or was it Idaho? Can't remember.), then back home to probably crash. Flying is tiring business, even when your arms aren't flapping. Then it's off to Sedona for 2 days.

So you can compare the two birds, here's a pic of a "normal" peacock:

7 comments:

* wallflower * said...

gorgeous birds, and yes, very squawky, especially when you're about 7 and yank one of their tail feathers out... Wellllll, I didn't do it to be mean. It's just that when your older cousin says it's okay to pick a feather, one is inclined to do so (she really said it was okay to PET a feather). Have a nice visit with your sisters. Today is my 20th wedding anniversary! ~whew~ Where'd the time go???

Anonymous said...

Sedona. sigh

One of my favorite sights at the Calgary Zoo is to watch the peacocks strutting around. No white ones though. The feathers look like lace, don't they. Very pretty. Amazing what's created in nature

Sherrill Quinn said...

Oh, Su, you didn't! LOL Well, when I was about 4, I kept dropping a puppy into a hole in my grandparents back yard. He apparently was okay with it, cuz I did it several times. And there's video proof of it. LOL

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Kate & Jenna. Yep, we actually might make it up on the short "hill" where there's a vortex. We're gonna try, anyway. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, Emma, the northern part of the state gets snow in the winter (Flagstaff, Sedona, etc.)--which is yet another reason why I live in the southern part of the state. LOL

And did you know there is a Snowflake, Arizona? It's true. *G*

For The Trees said...

Reminds ME of some heroes. They just can't show off enough. Takes a good woman to knock'em down.

Personally, I think they're too noisy by half.

Although I **WILL** give you that the white one's damn exquisite.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Forrest, yep, that white one is damn exquisite. :)