Sunday, May 21, 2006

And The Universe Conspires Against Me...

If you've been reading my blog lately, you'll know that my sister and a friend have come to town for a 10-day visit. We went to Sedona and Jerome on Thursday and Friday, respectively and, I promise, I'll have pictures some time this week on my blog. What I haven't told you is... my sister is sick. Coughing up her lungs. She's on antibiotics and swears she's not contagious, but...

Guess who's getting sick? Yeah, it would be the person who's working on her blog at 1:oo in the morning because she can't sleep because she's either a) coughing or b) irritated because her clogged-up nose is whistling when she breathes. And yeah, that would be me.

The last time I got sick, my mom and my sister plus my aunt and cousin came out (last September). My aunt was sick, and I merrily picked up whatever germs she was passing out. It took me two and a half weeks to kick that. I'm really hoping I can get rid of whatever bug my sister handed out in less time than that.

What's the most irritating is I figured I wouldn't get much writing done while they were here, but I could at least do some editing on my wip, based on feedback from my critique partners. Ain't happenin'. I can't concentrate enought to do even that.

Phfft.

And I just realized. Sitting upright, I haven't coughed once. Of course, I can't sleep sitting upright. I've gotta be on my left side. Double phfft.

Oh, and did I mention the top of my right foot started hurting about a week ago? Just out of the blue, for no reason. It hurts when I walk, it hurts when I'm not walking--just the odd pang, but they're hard, deep pangs. Nobody told me when I hit my 40s they'd hit back. Hard.

Life sucks, and then you die.

Phfft.

4 comments:

Faltenin said...

How depressing!

Lucky I'm still smiling from Kate's blog :p

Sherrill Quinn said...

Sorry to be so depressing, Fal, but right now (especially right now after I've only had about an hour of sleep) I just don't feel up to being perky.

Glad Kate's blog was more cheery. :)

Anonymous said...

Feel better, Sherrill.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Jenna and Kate. I've been running an intermittent fever today, and sleeping a lot. Boy, lots of fun my poor sister and her friend are having. :( But I'm calling the doc first thing in the morning--this feels like the beginnings of bronchitis. Yuck.