Thursday, May 11, 2006

What A Day Yesterday!

Whew! Yesterday I wrote 22 pages on Beyond the Beast--finished chapter 10, wrote a short chapter 11 in the villain's point of view, then nearly finished chapter 12, which has the first full love scene (although no intercourse yet) between the hero and heroine. The heroine has just seen a face at the window, and the hero and the secondary character are getting ready to go outside and check. Is it the main villain? Or the other villain? LOL (I have a sub-plot going with a bad guy as well.) Need to keep everyone on their toes, and you can never have too many villains. Well, I suppose you can, but in this case... not.

Anyway, 22 pages, doing the math the traditional print publisher way with 250 words per page, nets me 5,500 words. (It's only 4,700 using the computer word count, which is still nothing to sneeze at, but I like the sound of 5,500 better!)

And let's not forget what I did on Obsidian's Flame: 1,300 words (and that's using the computer word count).

That gives me a total of 6,000 actual words yesterday. Yikes! It's been awhile since I've been able to do that, and it feels good.

I'm feeling great. So I'm sharing some candy with y'all. Enjoy!

Oy. Vay. Isn't he just... grrrrrowf!! Look at those arms, those abs, those incredible thighs. Oh, to have my hands where his are...

And I have to leave something for my guys who like gals. Hope you like her! :)

10 comments:

T.A.Chase said...

Woo-hoo! on the word count, Sherrill. :) You're on a roll, girl. keep it up.

As for the eye candy..very nice. ;)

As for her..I can help but wonder what the dress is made of. If it's metal..boy she must be cold and it must be heavy. lol

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Kate. I'm very hopeful about today, too. I'm feeling better about Beyond the Beast--the characters are becoming more real to me and, now that things are heating up, I feel like I'm finally hitting my stride. :)

T.A.: I don't know what her dress is made of. It doesn't look exactly like metal to me, but who knows? I don't particularly care, cuz I'm too busy looking at him. LOL

Anonymous said...

Great going, Sherrill. I knew you could do it. Sometimes the words just flow and I'm glad you had a day like that.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Nancy. I'm glad I had a day like that, too. Cuz this morning's not looking too good... :(

Anonymous said...

Wow...he's um...yeah.

And who knows why Pam wears what she does, T.A.

Yahoo on the word count.

jenna;) wondering where her previous comment went. *sniff*

Sherrill Quinn said...

Jenna, if you left a previous comment, it must be floating in blogland somewhere. I never saw it.

But thanks for stopping by again. :)

For The Trees said...

Now I'm jealous. Damn. 7,000 words in a day! At this rate you're gonna end up as a professional writer, Sherrill!! Are you sure you can handle that kind of pressure? All the people asking you to critique their work, all the fans sending you emails and personal items in the mail for you to sign, all the screaming women who go berserk when you show up for a book signing, the shy but deeply enamored cabana boys who flock to your side when you decide to sun at your favorite resort...My God, the pressure! The Loneliness At The Top! Think carefully, Girl, think carefully as to what you REALLY want!!

Hmmmm. Or did you want your very own vampire, your studly dudley with fangs for the memories, a body to die for (I know, bad pun) and a forever-mentality? Or did you want some smarmy guy with six-pack abs and a three-day stubble (in jet black) with a 12" schlong who knows how to use it, but in five years will be a fat slob degenerating in front of the TV with the remote permanently welded to his one hand, a beer rotating through his other? Think carefully, now...ethereal bliss forever or a studly fleshly flash in the pan for a couple of years? Your choice, just choose well...

Then again, you can ask T.A. for some help recruiting, and get studlys forever!! HAHAHAHA!! Sorry, T.A., don't be jumping in my shit, I was making a JOKE!

Again, congratulations on the word count. Let's just hope you're NOT gonna wake up on Sunday morning and decide that NONE of the words work in this story so you'll hack them all out, only to start again on Tuesday (after gnashing your teeth in frustration all day Monday). Keep the words in there, Sherrill, they'll come in handy in Chapter 26 when you do the reprise.

Oh, God, I think I'm having a bad day. Too much negativity running amok. Sorry.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Forrest. So far I'm still happy with what I wrote yesterday. We'll see after it sits for another week. And once my critique group gets done with it...

Faltenin said...

I've always wanted to meet a mermaid. Not sure how we'd... you know... but still.

Sherrill Quinn said...

LOL Fal. I'll leave you to figure out the logistics of it. :)