Monday, May 08, 2006

Has New York Come Calling?

I don't check my stats very often, but last night I wanted to see what kind of activity my blog and website have been getting.

Should've known better, because now I have butterflies in my stomach. I've had some visits from New York City, one of which was from a Random House ISP.

Oy.

Vay.

But what does it mean, exactly? An editor? Or just someone who was bored and surfing the 'Net?

No, wait. This person came to my blog via my website, and came to my website via my Blogger profile. So, does this mean this person wasn't just surfing, but came to me on purpose? Well, I don't know. To see my profile, s/he would have had to have gone to my blog first, right? And my stats don't tell me how that happened.

(putting head between knees to keep from passing out) I'm going to stop looking at my stats, I swear. I can't take this.


Oh, and today is the latest installment of All's Fair at Indulgence. Check it out.

9 comments:

T.A.Chase said...

Maybe word's getting out about you, Sherrill. :)

Keep breathing..whether they were looking for you personally or just surfing...it's good news.

Anonymous said...

I don't like seeing New York in my stats but for an entirely different reason.

Breathe in...breathe out...deep breath in...out.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Yeah, Kate, head's down. Again. Or still. OMG. New York. Oy.

T.A.: Thanks, buddy. Appreciate the kind words.

Jenna: I guess we're in the same boat, then, using different paddles. :)

* wallflower * said...

Totally kewl possibilities, Sherrill! :^) But do, please, remember to breathe. You still have lots more books to write! :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Su, you're so right! I have so many ideas rolling around in my head, it makes me impatient to get done with the ones I'm working on so I can move onto another one. Or two. LOL

Faltenin said...

Ah yes, I can imagine. It's like having a hit from the Playboy Mansion. Sigh.

Except if it's Hefner. Don't want Hefner crushing on me.

bigoxkmk: comical big ox? Is this an insult of some sort?

Sherrill Quinn said...

Damn, Fal. I don't want Hefner crushing on me. He's like a gazillion years old--I don't care how much money he's got. Ew.

Sorry for the word verification. If I could control it, I would give you only ones that are accurate, like suprguy, or tlntdman, or favblgr. :)

Angela's Designs said...

That's cool... there are so many hundreds of writing blogs.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Annalee! Yes, it's cool. And scary. Vewy scawy.