Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Pitch Panic

So I'm going to this RWA regional conference in a few weeks, right? And I was insane enough to ask for an editor appointment. With someone from St. Martins.

After all, that's Cheyenne McCray and Lora Leigh's new publisher. Two of what is a growing number of erotic romance authors who got their start in e-pubbing. If they can do it... and all that crap.

What was I thinking?

The story I'm planning on pitching has 2 chapters done. Two. That's a 1 followed by a 2. Two chapters out of about 20.

Oy.

Frickin.

Vay.

Never mind me. I'm practicing how to hyperventilate, too. I'll just sit over here in the corner, drool dribbling over my chin as I play with my lips and weave baskets with my toes. Because surely sooner or later, they're coming to take me away.


And make sure you make a trip over to Torrid Temptations and say hi to a new Indulge Author -- Anna J. Evans.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh suck. it. up. :)

You'll do fine.

Hm...perhaps we can convince you to get drunk afterall!

T.A.Chase said...

I'm sure you'll do fine, Sherrill. But it's okay to panic now. :) Get your hyperventilating out of the way before hand.

good luck on your pitch.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Oh, Jenna. You always know how to lift my spirits. LOL

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, T.A. I don't even want to think about it, which is not good since I really need to have this prepared so I don't look--and sound--like an idiot.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Kate, on this crazy ride, the more the merrier, I say! Jump on.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Paige. I'm not feeling it. Yet. Wait...

Nope. Still not.

Faltenin said...

I like the toes pic.

It's... toey :o)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Yeah, I laughed when I saw it too, Fal. Even though I got the lyrics wrong...

They're coming to take me away, ha-ha
They're coming to take me away,
ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-ha
To the happy home, with trees
and flowers and chirping birds,
And basket weavers who sit and smile
and twiddle their thumbs and toes.
They're coming to take me away...

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Laina. I'll take all the votes of confidence I can get!

Angela's Designs said...

Best of luck with pitch appointment! I'd be nervous too, but it's a great move.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Annalee. My head knows it's the right thing to do, my stomach's not so sure. LOL