Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Men and Women

A few posts ago I talked about the differences between men and women, in the way they think and their needs and wants.

One of my friends just sent me an email that I believe demonstrates this basic difference quite well:

FEMALE PRAYER
Before I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for a man, who's not a creep
One who's handsome, smart & strong,
One who loves to listen long,
One who thinks before he speaks,
One who'll call, not wait for weeks
I pray he's gainfully employed,
When I spend his cash, won't be annoyed.
Pulls out my chair and opens my door,
Massages my back and begs to do more.
Oh! Send me a man who'll make love to my mind,
Knows how to answer "how big is my behind?"
I pray this man will love me to no end,
And always be my very best friend.
Amen.

MALE PRAYER
I pray for a deaf-mute nymphomaniac with big boobs
who owns a liquor store & a bass boat. This doesn't rhyme
& I don't care.
Amen.

11 comments:

For The Trees said...

Oh, Dear God: the vast number of guys I ran into in the Navy who would say that guy's prayer was excellent...the morons are legion. Unfortunately, the women who love them are legion, too. Which means they keep making more children just like them, which increases the moron load, which skews the intelligent, feeling man ratio, and it just goes on and on.

I have this thing about Neanderthals, y'know? Not sure where I got it, but I hate them. Which means I hate parts of me for being that way...grrrrrr.

Anonymous said...

I've received a few variations of this email. Remind you to send the one from the Sil. Cracked. Me. Up.

Sherrill Quinn said...

I know not all guys are like that--I have two most excellent brothers who are not. Thanks for being a step above the rest, Forrest. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Jenna. Okay, send me the one your sil sent you.

Anonymous said...

The guy's prayer sounds just about right. I know not all guys are like that.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Nancy, I'd like to think most guys aren't like that. They may have their moments--but, contrary to popular opinion, men don't have a one-track mind. They have three tracks. (As opposed to women, who have 20.) LOL

Faltenin said...

Me, me!

I know the answer to "How big is my behind?"!!!

- Run away and come back in a few hours
- Pretend you've gone blind
- Start coughing

...

- or slip behind her, undress her, and show her that it's just perfect...

Sherrill Quinn said...

Fal, you suave and debonair guy! I definitely like the last answer best. :)

* wallflower * said...

ROTF!

I'm a lucky one -- my female prayer was answered.

* wallflower * said...

Forrest, I think most women like a little bit of the beast left in their man from time to time. ;)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Su, you're right, of course. While we know grabbing and holding onto a good guy is best, sometimes we still want a little bit of that bad boy--especially if both are wrapped up in one, um, package. LOL