Monday, April 10, 2006

Onward and Upward

Well, I finished the edits to The Wolf of Cnoc Meadha and will be sending it off to my editor this morning sometime, as soon as I take one last look at the sucknopsis. Er, I mean synopsis.

Then, it's back to Past Land's End, another werewolf story. I've got a start on Chapter Three, and my goal is to write at least two chapters per week (that's anywhere from 40 to 50 pages for me, or 10,000 words). That's completely doable at 2,000 words per day.

And (because I can't work on just one thing at a time--I need some variety in case I get stuck. Plus, I'm crazy.) I'm also starting a novella for Amber Quill as part of The Lusty League Amber Pax. Five stories to be tentatively released in July in a superhero-themed pack. Readers can buy each book separately, or as part of a group. I'm still in the thinking/planning stages, but I've got my main character's names and powers. The hero's code name is Obsidian, and the heroine is called Phoenix by the gang she hangs with, because she can throw fire from her hands. Hence, the working title of Obsidian's Flame.

You can keep watch on my progress on both stories on the counters to the side, under Works In Progress.


Also, head on over to Indulgence to read my latest installment of All's Fair. Rissa finally gets what she wants, sort of. And Nick... well, he's going to have a lot to make up for after this. That's all I'm sayin'.

5 comments:

Trista Bane said...

Wow! I can't wait until this summer so that I can do 2000 words per week, forget about 2000 per day! Some days I don't even have time to write. Is Phoenix named after the bird? Is it a symbolic name?

I love wolfies! Bet you couldn't tell, huh?

* wallflower * said...

You tire me out, gurl. :) And good for you, BTW!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey Trista. Phoenix is named after the bird, and it's symbolic from the standpoint that she survived an accident but was left with the "by-product" of fire manipulation/creation. And the only reason I can do 2,000 a day is that my writing is the only thing I have to do right now--for the time being, I'm a stay at home writer. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hi, Wallflower! Thanks for stopping by.

For The Trees said...

OHBOY OHBOY OHBOY more All's Fair. I'm going now-