Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's The End Of February

Granted, this is our shortest month, but where did it go? I was extremely unproductive this month--managed to write just one short story (8k words) and that was it. Oh, I worked on my wolfie story. I added a couple of scenes to Chapter One and tightened it up, and made some decisions about how to handle the hero's lycanthropy. But I pretty much wrote less than 1,000 new words on it. (Now, I'll cut myself a little slack because I was sick for two of the four weeks of the month. But that only means I have a lot of time to make up for.)

March will be different. It has to be, or I'll never make a go of this. And I want--I need--to make a go of this. It has to be more than a hobby, something I do because I like it.

So, today I have errands and a long-overdue haircut in the morning, and this afternoon, after I've had some lunch, I'll write Chapter Two of the wolf story if I have to stay up through the night.

Like Larry the Cable Guy says, just git 'er done.

6 comments:

Sherrill Quinn said...

8K just feels like so... little, though. Especially when I could've done about 40k or so. (grumble) (grumble)

And I've got a good feeling about March. :)

Trista Bane said...

Looks like you and I were in the same boat this month! I'll bet I didn't write twenty pages the whole month of February. I was sick, too, for most of the month (and when I wasn't the kiddos were).

March will be better for BOTH of us! I (almost) guarantee it *g*.

Sherrill Quinn said...

But Kate, I don't have three little people and a husband vying for my attention. If I didn't get more writing done than you, I'd just hang it all up right now. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

From your lips to God's ears, Trista. Just about anything is an improvement over what I did in February.

Pink Pen said...

Hey Sherrill, you had that good feeling about March...

Congrats on the AQP win!!! How exciting. And I'm only the tiniest bit jealous that my story didn't win. really. a tiny bit.

:)

But yay for you!! :)

Sloane Taylor said...

Sherrill, Doll, Dear-Heart, why are you beating yourself up? You're doing great. You've been sick, you've been blogging on publisher sites and your own, you've written 8k on ONE story. It seems to this old lady you've done extremely well for a short month.

Goals are wonderful but they must be realistic. You have every right to be happy with your success.

Not getting through to you? Okay. Now where the hell is that 2x4?