Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Back To The Salt Mines

Or some such thing. On Monday afternoon, my critique group threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't get back to working on my werewolf story. Specifically because I've had an editor express interest in seeing it rewritten. According to them, I just need to bear down and do it. Whether I really "feel" like it or not.

So, I'm back to working on a rewrite that I've started twice over. This is the third, so that makes four start-ups on this story (the original and three rewrites). I think that's my problem... I've been working on it so much I've just gotten tired of it. But it's a good premise, and there's interest.

In effort to preserve my physical well-being, I'm getting back to it. That's my goal for March: get this rewrite finished and then start on the edits. I hope to have it submitted by some time in May.

First I need to finish a short story I've gotten stalled on, a submission for a Christmas anthology. My hero and heroine are on the cusp--the cusp, I tell you!--and they've been hanging there for three days. I gotta get things moving along.

So, this morning I'm dedicating a full four hours of writing. Then a break for lunch and a trip to the post office to mail out gifts to contest winners, stop by the grocery store for some essentials (including chips and salsa) on the way home, then more writing.

This evening, I and other Whiskey Creek Press Torrid authors will be at Fallen Angel Reviews for an author chat. Stop by (go to FAR and click 'chat', and follow the instructions to enter the main room) and talk with us!


P.S. My birthday yesterday was great. Thanks to everyone who sent me well-wishes. I appreciate it!

5 comments:

Silma said...

Oh I know what you mean about getting bored with a story. *chuckles* I had this great premise for a story, and I started writing it. My critique group loved the first 3 chapters and prologue. But I never finished it. They are nagging me to finish it, and I must have started it like...uh...20 times? I lost count. *LOL*

Good luck in achieving your writing goal! *g*

Sherrill Quinn said...

Silma, isn't it frustrating?!? Good luck to you, too!!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, I completely frittered away the morning and most of the afternoon. Have yet to write anything. Aaarghh!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't make me pull out my crop!

Have fun at the chat.

Sherrill Quinn said...

I don't know, Jenna. I might need the crop. And Sloane's 2x4. Sheesh.

Hope you're doing better, hon.