Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Great News!

I got an email yesterday from my editor at New Concepts Publishing, telling me she loved my recent submission (The Praetorians: Discovery) and would be sending me a contract soon. Yippeeeeee! Man, was quitting my job back in September ever the right decision!

That makes 5 contracts with Whiskey Creek Press Torrid, 2 with New Concepts, and 1 (so far!) with Liquid Silver Books. Hot-diggity-dog!!

Regarding BIAW, I did just over 800 words yesterday. A looooooooong way away from 6,000. So. Okay. I just may have bitten off more than I can chew. But it's still something to shoot for. Yesterday I spent a lot of the day promoting my books over at The Raven. Mandy Roth and Michelle Pillow are my heroes, I kid you not. They opened their doors to other authors to come in and promote their books on their group site. I've been a fan of their writing since I discovered them both about a year ago, and have nearly everything they've written. But now... well, my admiration grows. So, anyway, even though I didn't get much writing done, I was working.

Tomorrow's another day. We'll see how that goes.

Happy Valentines Day, everyone. Since I don't have a significant other to celebrate the day with, I don't pay much attention to it. Some day I will, if I'm lucky. Although I agree with Kate's post yesterday: if you're in love, every day should be a day you show your love, not just one day a year. But for those of you who have someone special to share this day with, give 'em an extra kiss for me. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Sherrill! WHoo.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Paige, I am trying to focus on the writing versus the goal. But it's disappointing not to have done more than I did. Ah, well, c'est la vie.

You know, I have a friend who's youngest son, up until about the time he was 12 or 13, would do the "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!" thing until she stopped what she was doing and paid attention to him. It was really annoying. To me. She didn't seem to mind. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Jenna. With the way you're feeling, I'm amazed you got all the words in the right order. Feel better, honey. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Kate, I know what you mean. The last few days (as you know) I've been promoting my behind off and our yahoo group has added a LOT of members (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/
indulge_authors). I've checked my email several times, have been back and forth to a couple of reader's groups, and managed to write about 600 words so far. Now, having been up for 4 hours, my head's telling me it's time for a wee nap. So I'm off to bed again.

Damned cold.