Wednesday, February 15, 2006

More Good News!

The cover is finished for the Spring Flings Anthology, which comes out in April at Whiskey Creek Press Torrid. Our wondrous Art Director, Jinger Heaston, did a beautiful job, as always. Check it out:


It's still so thrilling to see my name on the cover of a book! My story, Chocolate-Covered Werewolves, is in this anthology. Here's an edited excerpt (copyrighted, so don't be getting any ideas about stealing anything!). WARNING: Adult content:

“Hello.” Sydney Langdon held the telephone receiver to her ear and tried to inject a smile into her voice. “Winter, spring, summer or fall, all you have to do is call Friends.” It was hard, sounding like she cared, because she really didn’t want to be inside today. Spring was in full bloom and she wanted to get out and breathe in the cool air, smell the flowers, feel the late morning sun warming her face… She had a serious case of cabin fever.

“Sydney. Thank God. I don’t know what to do.” Ramy Roberts’ voice raised a full octave. “My neighbor is a vampire!”

Syd sighed. Again with the vampires. Although she couldn’t complain about it too much. The last time Ramy thought a vampire had moved next door, Killian Murphy had literally slammed into her life. In the form of his truck backing into her car.

And, of course, Killian had turned out not to be a vampire. She’d expected nothing else, because everyone knew vampires didn’t exist. But she’d learned that werewolves did.

My, Grandma, what big teeth you have… She grinned, remembering the first time she’d used that line on Killian. He looked so sexy when he had on just his blue jeans. The top button unbuttoned, showing more of that tantalizing trail of dark hair that led from his navel, tempting her with what lay further down.

Killian, with stormy gray eyes that turned tawny when his wolf was aroused. Killian, with his long, lean body, broad, skilled hands and wicked, wicked mouth…

“Sydney! Are you listening to me?” Ramy’s voice was shrill, bordering on hysterical.

Syd rubbed her forehead. Oy. What she wouldn’t give for a toffee nut latte right now. “Ramy…”

“Don’t you use that tone with me, young lady. I am not crazy.”

“I didn’t say you were, ma’am.” Syd stifled her next sigh and curled the phone cord around her index finger. Why her? Why now? She’d planned on taking the afternoon off and surprising Killian with a picnic lunch.

Complete with dessert. She just hadn’t figured out yet if she wanted him covered in chocolate or honey.

Mmm. Big, hard male smothered in rich, creamy chocolate syrup. Her body moistened and loosened at the thought of licking the sticky substance off his muscular frame. Sucking it off his thick, stiff cock.

Instead of chocolate bunnies in her Easter basket, she’d get a life-size chocolate werewolf.

Copyright ©2006 Sherrill Quinn. All Rights Reserved.


On the BIAW front, even with a 3-hour nap yesterday I managed to complete another 750 words. It's pretty much a given I'm not going to meet my BIAW, not with the pitiful showing I've had the last three days. But at least I'm writing, in between blowing my nose.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sizzle.

I hear you on the Kleenex front. I wake up every night...in the middle of the night. I need food (because I can't eat during the day), Advil, lotion for the nose and a handful of Kleenex. My sleep pattern is beyond screwed. Nyquil no longer works for me. Sob. It was good the first two days then my body went "Cool, crappy cherry flavored medicine. Let's wake her up in the middle of the night and show her that it doesn't work."

bqkadakc: the hoarse cough that wakes you up at night

Sherrill Quinn said...

Sorry you're still feeling bad, Jenna. Me, too. :( And, once I remembered that you're only supposed to use Afrin for 3 days or the congestion can get worse (yeah, thanks, that may explain it!)...

yonnurg: the sound I make when I'm blowing my nose

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Kate. One day we'll all three be on a cover together, I have no doubt!

Anonymous said...

I don't use Afrin. I have some prescription stuff left over from when I was massively sick.

I'm not going to do a Christmas story. I thought of it but...maybe something will come. Granted I'm not writing at all and won't until the head stops hurting.

ahypl: what I yell when trying top open childproof caps with before I resort to smashing the Advil container on my desk. Sweet.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Yes, I'm working on one as we speak. Well, trying to, anyway. I haven't touched it since I got sick. :(

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, Jenna, I can tell ya, it's hard to even think about writing when you feel bad. I know. It was 10 days from the start of this cold before I felt alert enough to write.

Angela's Designs said...

Yes, nice cover. I like the title of your story too!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Annalee! Once the chocolate syrup came into the story, the title pretty much made itself up. :)

For The Trees said...

I like the cover, too. Nice to see your names on it. And it's not bad art work.

Um, another cover...does this mean there's something to throw off when it's time for some fun?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh, I know, REALLY bad pun. Sorry. NOT.

moozh: the sound of breath leaving the body rapidly when smacked in the gut for making REALLY bad puns...

Sherrill Quinn said...

Forrest, you keep making buns, good or bad! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherrill

Just checked out your book cover and it is beautiful. I can't wait for spring as we are in ice all over the place. Yuck! And the excerpt sounds heavenly "chocolate werewolf" Yummy!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Sorry about the weather you're in, Debbie. Can't do anything about that, I'm afraid. But I can heat you up with the anthology. LOL

Thanks for stopping by!