Monday, February 13, 2006

BIAW - Day Two

Well, I fell rather short of my goal yesterday. Got just over 1,300 words. 1,300 good words, but it's 4,700 less than I'd wanted. Of course, the 3-hour nap I took didn't help any.

Well, it helped me, just didn't help toward my goal. Guess this nasty cold isn't ready to let me be just yet.

Today I'll be posting excerpts and holding a contest over at The Raven. It's an incredibly busy group, so I'm not sure how much writing I'll get done. I'll be happy to do what I've done today, which really puts me behind the 8-ball.

But I guess that's okay. Whatever I get done, I get done and it's more than I started with. :)

Now, up and at 'em.

P.S. Kate's got her next installment of Fire and Ice up at Indulgence. Go check it out.

3 comments:

smr said...

Good luck with your BIAW work. We share the same outlook about pushing forward: yes, the pace we desire isn't always possible, but progress is progress, and every word I *do* write is more than when I just stare at the screen or play Solitaire. lol Go for it! ~Su
tsbmhou--African password to step past a sleeping lion

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Su. I haven't really written since I came down with this cold, which is almost into the 2nd week. It's like Kate says, you have to exercise the writing muscles or they atrophy. Boy, do they atrophy!

Sherrill Quinn said...

That's right, Kate. You've got luuuuuuuuv to use as an excuse. :)

But, truth be told, I'm pretty sure I did bite off more than I can chew. I've only written a couple hundred words today--there's no way I'm going to even get close to my goal.

Oy. What was I thinking?