Thursday, February 23, 2006

New Look

I wanted my blog to look more like my website (as far as colors), and finally was able to grab a template from Caz and figure out how to make the changes I wanted. I think it has a "crisper" look to it than the old one, and I like that you can start reading the post without having to scroll down past the picture. Plus, with Jenna and Kate both redesigning their blogs, I was feeling left out. :(

So, now that it's done, what am I going to use to procrastinate? Oh, that's right. Other people's blogs. LOL

I didn't do nearly half of what I wanted to yesterday. I only got through about half of the love scene. So the characters in the short story I'm planning to submit to Whiskey Creek Press Torrid for a Christmas anthology are still hanging on the edge. I will finish it today. Then it's off to critique partner for critiquing.

When I was blogging at Torrid the other day, I asked a bunch of questions for which I'm still waiting on answers to most. But the one I really want to know the answer to is...

What if the Hokey Pokey is really what it's all about?!?

11 comments:

Sloane Taylor said...

LOVE the picture. The colors are a nice combination. Looking good!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Paige, it's so hard to know what it looks like to other people. It looks great on *my* screen. LOL (And I use Firefox, too.)

Thanks, Sloane. I love the colors. The pic is the same one as before, only in solo (instead of having a "mirror" image side by side, i.e., a double picture). (Thanks again, Jenna!)

Sherrill Quinn said...

But that's what I want to know, Yasmine? What is *it*? :)

Yeah, his tatt is scrumptious.

Stacia said...

Sorry I missed your birthday, Sherrill! Hope it was a happy one!

I also think the hokey pokey is what it's all about. Shaking all about, turning yourself around...come on, that's life right there, isn't it?

Love the new look!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, December, for the birthday wishes and for liking the new look! :)

I guess maybe the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about--shaking what your mama gave you and turning about...

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Emma! You're too right. Chill out, enjoy life. Don't get so worked up over the small stuff.

I guess I finally got it right (the blog, I mean). :)

Anonymous said...

Hey the Hokey Pokey lets you shake yo ass. Don't bad mouth the Hokey Pokey!

Sherrill Quinn said...

I'm not bad-mouthing the Hokey Pokey. I just want to know. IS that what it's all about?

Anonymous said...

I guess it depends on your version of the hokey pokey. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

cocvia: well, dang, look at those letters. Jenna's version of the hokey pokey is what "it" is all about. I'm going to say this one aaaall day. Cocvia. I like it.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Okay, Jenna, so what's your version of the Hokey Pokey? "You put your mm-mm in, you take your mm-mm out, you put your mm-mm in and you shake it all about..."

Wait. If mm-mm involves a guy, I could get into that version of the Hokey Pokey. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

It's not you being wonky, Paige. (Well, I have no doubt that you're wonky, just not about this!) I did some more tweaking yesterday and made the body of the blog smaller. :)