Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dogs Maul An Alligator

I saw this email and was prepared for the worst. I need to prepare you, too.

You know that alligators, like their cousins the crocodiles, are apex predators--perhaps the apex predator because they can kill both on land and in the water, unlike sharks that are limited to prey in the water, and most big cats that are limited to land prey. However, gaters can still fall victim to a team effort by a pack of dogs. Dogs that, through hundreds (thousands?) of years of breeding and instinct, have a tight-knit social mentality that enhances their hunting abilities.

In the picture below, note that the Alpha male has a muzzle hold on the gater, preventing it from breathing, while the other dogs prevent the reptile from rolling.

I will warn you, this may not be suitable or younger viewers. Of course, I'm not supposed to have younger viewers on this blog, seeing as much of what I have here is of an adult nature...

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~

~


Gotcha! LOL


Courage is fear holding on a minute longer. ~ George S. Patton

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen this one before. Aren't they just the cutest roly poly things? They make me want to get a dog until I realize I don't have a yard and I'd have to scoop the poop.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, I have a yard, such as it is, private, with 6-ft wall around it. I still don't want to scoop the poop, so no dog. No cat, as that involves scooping poop, too. LOL

smr said...

lol Aww, they are so cute! That's Mother Nature's trick, though: adorable puppies and kittens, but, alas, they grow up and aren't quite as cute and irresistable then. I have 2 cats, and I feel no need or desire to replace them when they go to the Rainbow Bridge, but I will miss them. Not the poop-scooping, but their purr-sonalities. :^)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Su, aren't they adorable? Almost makes me want one.

Almost. LOL

Jodie said...

WAHAHAHA! So Cute!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Jodici: Hi! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Kate: Glad I could make you laugh today.