Thursday, June 08, 2006

Wild Beauty

Beauty takes many forms.

From the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museaum: A wildcat snoozing in the mid-morning heat:

A wolf, pausing during his morning run:

A cactus flower, delicate upon its base of thorns:

From Sabino Canyon, a wall of rock rising from the canyon floor, majestic against the clear blue sky:

Sometimes, we get a reminder that wild beauty can be hazardous:

From Mt. Lemmon, pine trees and blue sky at the top of the mountain. On a clear day you can see into Mexico:


Today and all your tomorrows, I wish for you to find beauty in your day and peace in your heart.


There is a beautiful Indian apologue, which says: A man once said to a lump of clay, "What art thou?" The reply was, "I am but a lump of clay, but I was placed beside a rose and I caught a fragrance." ~ William Morley Punshon

6 comments:

T.A.Chase said...

Great pictures, Sherrill and I love the quote. Because isn't it so true? Sometimes the most unassuming things can hold great beauty for us if we just take the time to look. :)

Landra Douglas said...

I have to say, Mt. Lemmon is one of the most relaxing places on Earth for me. Especially during the monsoons... so peaceful amidst the chaos of a storm! :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, T.A. I really like that quote, too. Like you say, sometimes we just need to be still, and take the time.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Bridget, I've never been up on Mt. Lemmon during monsoons. I have to say, I love being down in the monsoon. Not driving in it, you understand, just being in it...

Sometimes we need a little chaos. LOL

Anonymous said...

Well, blogger finally let me in.

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Marie! Haven't the last couple of days been aggravating with Blogger foul-ups?!? Thanks for stopping by. :)