Friday, August 04, 2006

Who Wants To Be A Superhero... Again

Well, I just had to do it. I had to watch the show again last night. (I still think they should have chosen the guy with the flappy ass as one of the superheroes. I guess you had to have seen it, but boy, he had what he called, in his own words, "ass-wings".)

Somebody stop me. I think I need an intervention. Especially since I've been paying close enough attention to notice that the Iron Enforcer's pectoral muscles are lopsided. (Well, heck, throw a muscled, shirtless guy in front of me and what do you expect?)


Oy. (Here's my question: Just the fact that these people are looking for their 15 minutes of fame... doesn't that sort of disqualify them from being superheroes? I mean, aren't the true superheroes those who answer the call reluctantly?)

Spoiler Alert: If you don't want to know what happened, stop here.

~

~

~

~

Fat Momma was asked if she really thought a fat superhero is an appropriate role model for children. Her response: "Absolutely, or I wouldn't be here."

Major Victory was asked if he thought a male stripper was a good role model for kids. His response was that he's learned from his mistakes and that kids should know what he did was wrong.

The Iron Enforcer appears to be on steriods, and he thought as long as they were used for a good purpose, that's okay. And there was an issue with his deoderant, or lack thereof. Plus, he thinks he's the best looking one of the group and the one with the least problems. Ego much?

Last night's first challenge: A little old lady locked herself out of her house. All the heroes had to do was go over the fence, through the backyard and touch the back door. Of course, there were two rabid guard dogs they had to get past first. (They put them in those padded suits for protection. And, of course, they had a disclaimer for people not to try this anytime, anywhere, etc. etc. Because people can be inherently s-t-u-p-i-d.)

Big old loppy-pec made it within a foot of the back door and cried uncle. Fat Momma made sure she took a bite of a donut before she started on her way, made me laugh. I guess she hoped the dogs would go after the donut, but apparently they prefer dark meat. *G* Major Victory pretty much walked the whole way to the back door with the two dogs hanging from each arm. When he reached the door and the dogs left, he had one question. "How's my hair?" Monkey Woman was determined. It took her almost 10 minutes to get to the door, but she did it. What a woman.

After this challenge, Cell Phone Girl was asked to leave. She'd pleaded a headache and lasted 4 seconds once the dogs latched onto her.

The second challenge was disguised as a costume makeover. Tyveculus lied about liking his costume. *gasp* A superhero lying? Say it isn't so! Then, Feedback made fun of him and his new costume--come on, folks. When's the last time you heard Superman make fun of someone? And the Iron Enforcer, on the chopping block for the third time, was there because Stan Lee couldn't get past the big-ass gun on IE's arm. As Stan said, superheroes don't kill people, they help people. Who got eliminated?

Iron Enforcer. Wahoo! The guy's so full of himself. There's more to being a superhero than having brawny muscles. He was mad at being thrown out. "You think fat woman is a superhero? You must be kidding me." But Stan Lee had something up his sleeve. The Iron Enforcer is now not a superhero but, as the Dark Enforcer, he's a supervillain who's going to do his best to make his former compatriots' lives miserable.

Another hour of my life down the tubes. What about this show is so ... I can't even call it appealing. What's the word? Mind numbing?

And I suppose I'll be right back here same time next week...

Oy.




"We have fallen in love with our own image, with images of our making, which turn out to be images of ourselves." ~Daniel J. Boorstin

3 comments:

Sam said...

I'd say it's like passing the bad wreck on the highway - you know it'll be terrible, but you can't tear your eyes away!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Sam. Thanks for stopping by! And I think you're right. It's so bad you can't stop watching, mouth open, eyes glazing over... LOL

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, Emma, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was sitting there brain-drained... LOL