Saturday, August 12, 2006

Superhero Time

All right. I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that on Thursday nights I'll be watching Stan Lee's Who Wants To Be A Superhero. It's just so much like a train wreck--horrified fascination keeps me parked in front of the TV.

First of all, let me say that I really love this guy, Major Victory:


Last week, after their costume makeover, he stood in front of the mirror and said, "Yeah! Mr. Shiny Pants." Made me LOL. And before that, when he had to fight off the two dogs, he said he had a new name, Major Dogfood, then when looking at the dogs as they were jumping and snarling at him, he said something along the lines of, "This won't be hard. Dogs love me. I'm easy to digest."

Gotta love a guy who can laugh at himself!

So, onto this latest episode. Here's my take on it: (Spoiler alert. If you haven't seen the show and don't want to know what happened, don't read any further.)

~

~

~

~

~

First of all, the show started off with the superheroes doing the morning chores. Lemuria was cleaning the toilet with her feet? Cuz she didn't want to get her hands dirty, I guess. But... come on. Give me a break. She wants to be a superhero, right? Gettin' your hands dirty is what it's all about.

The first challenge: go buy lunch. The secret challenge: don't give up your true identity. Major Victory did. When he realized what had happened, his response was: "I have a new name. Major Dumbass." LOL But the worst one was Monkey Woman. She gave away her real name--without being asked--but she also recommended websites for actors/actresses. That really bothered Stan Lee. He felt she was here for the wrong reasons, especially since at the tryouts she told him she was in real estate. Needless to say, she was oooouuuuttttaaaa there!

The second challenge of the show involved courage. The superheroes had to walk across a beam from the roof of one building to the next to rescue a damsel in distress. Then the Dark Enforcer showed up and blindfolded them. They got to hold onto a rope for guidance, but still. Oy.

Then we get to see they're really not traveling the beam between buildings. They're on some 2x4s that are laying on the rooftop. As he's on the way back, with the woman behind him, Major Victory tells her to "Hold your hands on my sexy hips." LOL

Stan said they all had done admirably, and then had each of them tell him who they thought should be eliminated. Creature stood up and asked to go first, then said that she thought she should be the one who left. Wow. Then everyone else--except for Tyveculus and Fat Momma--said to eliminate themselves.

So... who did Stan choose to be eliminated?

It came down to Tyveculus and Fat Momma--the only two who voted for someone other than themselves to be eliminated. Because, as Stan said, one of the qualities of a superhero is self-sacrifice. A true superhero would never choose to sacrifice another superhero. They'd take the bullet themselves. Because Fat Momma chose someone out of a sense of compassion and Tyveculus did it with a sense of meanness, Tyveculus had to go. And everyone all huddled around him (except Lemuria, who he voted off the island, and Creature) telling him to take care.

Afterward, Fat Momma accused the rest of them of being fake. And now she's planning on making sure the rest of them go before she does, as revenge for Tyveculus.

All righty then. Yeah. I can see the superhero qualities there.

Not!

If you watched it, what did you think?


Oh, and keep your eye on my statcounter on the lower right of my blog. I'm fast approaching 10,000! Woo-hoo!!




"I'm at the top of my game! I'm right up there with the big dogs! Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so." ~Elastigirl, from The Incredibles

4 comments:

Stacia said...

I'm skipping the spoilers, because my best friend in the States is going to try to burn the episodes and send them to me. They're not showing it out here and the hubs and I are heartbroken about it.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Chey: It is a pretty funny show. This is the first reality show I've watched (I know, it's like I've been living in a cave), which is why I might be having such a hard time with it. (shrug)

December: I hope your friend is able to send them to you. It is entertaining, I'll give it that much. :)

Sam said...

Sherrill, I must admit to watching, too, but I was a teenage boy once who read comics, so for me this is kinda fun. I thought Dtan was right to get rid of Tyveculus, but Fat Mamma should be next. Superheros do get vindictive against other heros!
:-)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Sam, I agree with you. I think Fat Momma *should* be next. But how right is she, that the others were being fake with their "self-sacrifice"? Me, I think Creature was over the top. Faker. I'm not so sure about the others.