Sunday, August 20, 2006

I Have Discovered...

... I'm a wuss. A bona fide, honest-to-God lightweight.

I only worked 20 hours this week, and I'm so tired I feel like I did back when I was working 50+ hours a week. After only a year of not working outside the home, I go back to work part-time and phew! I. Am. Wiped. Out.

I think it's... I'm allergic. Yeah. That must be it. I'm allergic to being in an office and having to be "on" and around people. Because I'm intrinsically an introvert, to always be up and act like an extrovert is exhausting.

I really want to be able to write full-time and support myself that way. So... I'm heading off to start working on one of my writing projects!



"The most essential factor is persistence--the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come." ~James Whitcomb Riley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think working in an office is highly overrated. More people should be allowed to telecommute, IMO. :) I never got to do that all that much myself, but the few times it happened I always seemed to accomplish more working at home. Less interruptions, I guess.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Oh, Tori, I'd much rather telecommute. You *do* get more done, because you have less interruptions. Unfortunately, most of what I do in Human Resources has to be done in the office because of access to files. :(

Sam said...

Sherrill, I'm used to working full-time and I've been off for almost a month now due to shoulder surgery and it's driving me nuts! I wish I could say that I'm using the time to write, but my internal clock is so screwed up it feels like a sundial at night!
Good luck with the new job :-)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Sorry to hear about the shoulder, Sam. Hope it's healing well. And thanks for the good wishes for me and the new job. :)