Friday, January 20, 2006

My Editor Loves Me! and Other Ramblings

I just have to share this, it's the coolest thing. While working with the Senior Editor at Whiskey Creek Press Torrid on the edits for DRAGON'S BANE, she shared with me that she's requested to be my editor for all my works. My writing is clean and she likes my style.

She likes me. She really, really likes me! LOL

So far, my tendency to be a 'that' whore is keeping her busy. Luckily, 'that' is one of her pet peeves, so she's catching the ones that I missed. I am also a comma whore. Not sure how it works, because I tend to put commas before 'and' when I don't need them and leave them out in other places where they should be. Lucky for me, she's catching those, too.

Also, I got the banner for Zodiac: Pisces yesterday. Rae Morgan, with whom I share the book, sent it on. Isn't it pretty?


New subject: Yesterday I spent the day at Love Romances. It was fun! I loaded lots of blurbs and excerpts and might just have gained another fan or two. :)

Amy Smith is the winner of the cool Western-style candle and a download of Careful Wishes. Yay Amy!

5 comments:

smr said...

WTG, Sherrill! Sorry I didn't join in yesterday. I just can't bring myself to join another room/list/group/whatever of any sort. I'll just continue to pop in here and throw my confetti and blow my party horns for you! :^) ~Su

Sherrill Quinn said...

It's all good, Su. I like seeing you over here and, believe me, I understand about not joining one more list/group.

Sloane Taylor said...

WOOHOOOO!!! What wonderful news. Mega Congratulations, Sherrill. Champagne and chocolates all around.

Maya Reynolds said...

Good for you, Sherrill!!!

Like N-E-T, I just can't take on another list at this point. But I'm glad to hear yesterday went well.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Yeah, that little snippet of info from my senior editor made my day. A writer's ego can be a fragile thing, you know? These little boosts now and then go a long way. :)