Sunday, November 05, 2006

Tall, Dark and Handsome...Or Not

I confess, I grew up watching the Lawrence Welk show. We never missed it. And my young heart pitter-pattered whenever Tom Netherton came on to sing. Not only did he have a sexy voice, but he was tall (6'5"), handsome, and...blond. Golden blond hair that was shiny and thick, just begging to have feminine hands comb through it. (Hey, come on. At that age, I wasn't thinking of doing anything else!)


So, last night, as I was surfing the 500 or so cable channels (all right, yes, I exaggerate, but you know what I mean!) and finding nothing interesting to watch, I landed on the local PBS station and guess what was on? Lawrence Welk. And just as I tuned in, Tom Netherton came on to sing.

*sigh* Even thirty or so years later, my heart still went pitter-patter. And, of course, I had to look him up on the Internet and see how old he was and if he was still alive. He's almost 60! And looks great, I might add. He's aged pretty well. Take a look:


*another sigh* Why is it that men seem to age better than women? Really. It's just not fair!

All right. Y'all 'fess up. Any Lawrence Welk celebrities you crushed on when you were younger? Or, for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about cuz you're just babes in arms, who's your biggest celebrity crush?


~ * ~

Oh, and there are still plenty of movie titles for y'all to guess from yesterday's blog...




"I don't know much about being a millionaire, but I'll bet I'd be a darling at it." ~Dorothy Parker


4 comments:

Estella said...

Did not watch Lawrence Welk. I have to admit Netherton aged well.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Estella! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Anonymous said...

Sherrill, we used to call him the "tall glass of milk", jeez he still looks as wholesome as he did back then.

Sherrill Quinn said...

You're right, Shannon. :)