Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Fox Finally Came To Their Senses

You know, I wasn't going to blog about this because I didn't want to give OJ Simpson one more sound bite of publicity. But, here I am. Only to say...

THANK YOU FOR NOT PUBLISHING THIS @#*%@#$! BOOK, AND FOR NOT AIRING THE @*%&#*! INTERVIEW.

If you've visited my blog before, you know I am not an advocate of censorship. I think everyone has a right to write a book and have it published. The minute you start censoring what we can say or write, things come very close to dictating what we think. (Remember Nazi Germany?) I can choose to not read something I think I might find offensive.

But the fact that OJ had the cajones to write "if I did it, this is how I would've done it" is just jaw-dropping unbelievable to me. He's thumbing his nose at the police, the DA's office, Nicole and Ron's families and the overall sense of decency most human beings seem to have. Let's just say, for a moment, that he really is innocent of the crime. Why in the h**l would he do this to his kids?!?

Oh, wait. I forgot. Kinda lost my head, thinking he gives a rat's ass about anyone except himself. And, of course, he could put his confession up on a billboard and nothing would happen to him because of double jeopardy--he's already been tried and found not guilty of their deaths.

But to write a book...! *shaking my head*

THEN to have the woman who interviewed him say she did it to put closure on her own past abuse? Oy. Give me a f**king break. Just say it. You did it for the money or the publicity or both. I have greater respect for someone who tells the truth than someone who tries to make their motives seem somehow noble. And sometimes, even the most noble of motives fall flat if they're backing something so wrong.

Thank you, Mr. Murdoch, for pulling the plug on both the book and the interview. I tell you, I was ready to boycott the Fox channel and every advertiser who put up ads these next few weeks. I'm glad that, for whatever reason, common decency has prevailed.

Go find your next 15 minutes somewhere else, OJ.




"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen." ~Tommy Smothers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was excited too. Now we truly need to end his next bound of 15 minutes of Fame and forget about it. That or extend it by stoning him in the middle of the village. Any village. With big rocks. A lot of them.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, as I said to someone else, there are enough people out there who either a) believe his claims of innocence (or have fooled themselves that they believe him) or b) are soulless enough to have the attitude that "white people have been killing black people for years, so what if a black man killed two white people?" (And yes, people have said that.)

I just really feel badly for his children. To lose their mother in such a violent way, then to have their father be such an ass about the whole thing... Poor kids.