Tuesday, November 28, 2006

One Down, One To Go

Last night I finished my self edits on my dragon shapeshifter novella, Dragonfire, for Amber Heat, and sent it off to the editor for consideration. This story is full of arrogant, sexy dragon men and two feisty sisters that don't let them get away with anything. Already have a response from the editor--contract's in the mail. *G* Dragonfire will be part of the first Beast Master Pax due out in February.

I also typed THE END on the second Praetorians book for New Concepts. (Although I still haven't come up with a title for the darn thing yet.) I was shooting for it to be 40,000 words (a short novel, but a novel nonetheless) and it came in at just under 36,000. I have to put it past my critique group, which will take several more weeks as we only share about 25 pages at a time. Well, those are the rules, anyway, but my gals have been so supportive they've been letting me submit much more than that at a time. Which worked out fine over the last couple of months because I've been the only one submitting anything, but a couple of the others are working really good stories up and will be sending stuff out for us to critique, so I can't load up everyone with all my stuff. Darn it. But what that means is that my editor at NCP won't see this until after the first of the year. Which is all right, except...

I'm getting ready to work on a quickie for Ellora's Cave that's due February 1st. (My critique partner Suz and I are going to brainstorm it over shrimp--and maybe a margarita--at Red Lobster this afternoon.) But that story will only be 15,000 words, so it's, er, a quickie. I should be able to write it fairly quickly, and they should be able to critique it, er, quickly. LOL

Oy. Can you tell I keep my critique group hopping? They've been so fantastic to me, and I'm very, very thankful for them.




"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

4 comments:

Estella said...

Am glad you have such good critique partners!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Me, too, Estella! :)

Landra Douglas said...

Congrats Sherrill!!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Bridget. It's a great feeling, typing THE END. :)