Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Name That Movie

Emma Sinclair had a post the other day where she shared some of her favorite lines from movies and asked that people guess the movies. I'm such a copycat, but it seemed like a fun idea, so here goes...

A. Pick 16 of your favorite movies.
B. Then pick one of your favorite quotes from each movie.
C. Post the quotes in your journal.
D. Have those on your friends list try to guess what the movie is. If you google, you suck.
E. Strike out the quote once it has been correctly identified and place the guesser’s username directly after the quote.

1. This has got to be a nine-point-oh on my weird-shit-o-meter. Men in Black ~ Jenna
2. And what do they call you? Wheels? X-Men 1 ~ Sam
3. I saw what I saw when I saw it. Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein ~ Sam
4. You broke the ship. You broke the bloody ship! Galaxy Quest ~ Jennifer Y.
5. Listen! Do you smell something? Ghostbusters ~ Emma
6. Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops. Arsenic and Old Lace ~ Jennifer Y.
7. She's a ho! My dad's been captured by a ho! Sleepless in Seattle ~ Sam
8. Of course you know him. All you bastards know each other. French Kiss ~ Jenna
9. Well, double dumbass to you. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home ~ Sam
10. You are a boil on the butt of humanity. Steel Magnolias ~ Jennifer Y.
11. This town needs an enema! Batman ~ Sam
12. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges! Blazing Saddles ~ Sam
13. Women need to have a reason for having sex; men just need a place. City Slickers ~ Jennifer Y.
14. He chose...poorly. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ~ Sam
15. You don't like it? You can kiss my furry little butt. Men in Black ~ Jenna
16. I have a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it. Shrek ~ Jenna

Well? Name the movie...




"Good women are no fun... The only good woman I can recall in history was Betsy Ross. And all she ever made was a flag." ~Mae West


12 comments:

Sam said...

2. X Men
7. Sleepless in Seattle
9. Star Trek 4: The voyage Home
11. Batman (The 1st 1 w/ Jack Nicholson and the Joker)
12. Blazing Saddles!
14. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

That's all I know w/out cheating
;-) lol

Sherrill Quinn said...

Way to go, Sam! You and I must watch a lot of the same movies. *G*

Sherrill Quinn said...

Emma, you're right on Ghostbusters.

Hint: two of these movies are black & whites, made in the mid to late 40s.

This is fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh movie quotes.

1 & 15 - Men In Black (seen it just a feeeeew too many times)
8 - French Kiss (LOVE this movie)
16: Shrek of course.

Jennifer Y. said...

I think 4 is Galaxy Quest.

I believe 6 is Arsenic and Old Lace (I love that movie).

I think 10 is from one of my fave movies, Steel Magnolias.

And is 13 City Slickers? I enjoyed that movie and I believe the quote is from it. For some reason I see Billy Crystal saying it.

I love movies almost as much as books

Anonymous said...

Ahhh something to steal and use on the blog. Phew.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Yay, Jenna! You got all four (well, three, since I doubled up on Men in Black. But those quotes are just so good!) *G*

Sherrill Quinn said...

And Yay! Jennifer Y! You got all four of yours right, too.

Now... anyone have any idea what movie the remaining quote is from? "I saw what I saw when I saw it."

Sam said...

Abbot & Costellot Meet Frankenstein?
(If it's right I must tell you that I cheated! Sorry, but being the only man around here, I need a little help ;-) my other answers were all me, though!)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Aw, Sam. *shaking my head* Playing the gender card... you disappoint me. LOL

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein is right. It's one of my favorites! :)

Sam said...

Well, I've been told that I'm not playing with a full deck, so I have to play the cards that are delt me ;-)

Sherrill Quinn said...

LOL Sam. Have a good one!