Sunday, October 15, 2006

I've Been Tagged

By naughty Emma Sinclair. I've never been tagged before and, before anyone else gets any ideas, I don't plan on always playing when I do get tagged. So tag at your own risk.

However, Emma and I will be sharing (at least) two anthologies together (Fall Fires is available now at Whiskey Creek Press Torrid, and the other one tentatively titled Edge of Night will be coming from Liquid Silver Books early next year) and I thought it'd be fun to play along this time. :)

1) One book that changed your life: Secrets Volume 3. It was the first erotic romance book I ever bought (and read, of course). It had a fantastic story by Angela Knight in it, and I was hooked on this hot sub-genre.

2) One book that you'd read more than once: Knight of a Trillion Stars by Dara Joy. I'm just in love with the hero, what can I say? I also have to add the JR Ward series. Her heroes are all very grrrrrrr. Oh, and Fred Saberhagen's Dracula series (The Dracula Tape, Sherlock Holmes and Dracula, An Old Friend of the Family, and A Sharpness On the Neck). There are a few in the series I've missed--Dominion, A Matter of Taste, and A Question of Time.

3) One book you'd want on a deserted island: How to Build a Boat Using Nothing But Coconuts and Palm Fronds. Unless, of course, I had a really cute hunk stranded with me. Then maybe I'd like the Kama Sutra...

4) One book that made you laugh: Oy. I haven't read any funny books recently. I'm either reading books on the craft of writing, or I'm reading romances (erotic or otherwise). But I love all things Dilbert, if that counts.

5) One book that made you cry: Heck, I cry at a mushy commercial, so it doesn't take much. But, seriously, one of the stories in the Summer Sizzlers Anthology from Whiskey Creek made me cry: Sizzling Summer by my friend Jenna Howard.

6) One book you wish you'd written: Dark Lover by JR Ward. Cuz then I'd have a huge hit series on my hands with grrrrrr vampire heroes, and my name would be on the NYT's best seller list! Color me j-e-a-l-o-u-s!

7) One book you wish had never been written: Hmm. I can't say I wish any particular book had never been written. There are certainly books that I can't get through, the most recent one being The Historian. I managed to get through the first three chapters and kept nodding off but, dayum, with all the money I spent on the danged thing (I paid full price), I was determined to finish all 600+ pages. I made it through Chapter 14 and finally said the heck with it. I donated it to my local RWA chapter and it was used as a raffle item for a fundraiser.

8) One book you're currently reading: Lover Awakened by JR Ward. Next on my list is Seduced by Magic by Cheyenne McCray.

Well. Did anyone learn anything new about me? LOL

And I tag... no one.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!




"A girl's best friend is her mutter." ~Dorothy Parker


5 comments:

Estella said...

Learned about some different books.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Good. I'm glad I could possible contribute to your TBB pile. *G*

Sherrill Quinn said...

Emma, it made me stop and think for a minute... which isn't always a good thing. LOL

Anonymous said...

Awwww...Thanks, Sherrill.

I'm blushing here! Blushing!!!

Sherrill Quinn said...

You're welcome, Jenna. It's the truth--you made me cry.