Friday, October 27, 2006

Breast Cancer Awareness Month


Well, I'm doing my bit for breast cancer awareness. Today's the day I get to go put my feet up in stirrups and say "Ahhh". So to speak. I'll get my scrip for a mammography and in a couple of weeks I'll get to have my boobs smooshed by a machine.

And for those of you who say it doesn't hurt... Well, you're just in denial. It hurts. Some times worse than at other times, but it always hurts.

If you don't have these done... suck it up, girlfriend. Deal with the pain and have it done. It's better than having breast cancer go undiagnosed.

Take care of yourself. No one else will. :)

~ * ~

The second installment of The Gathering, a collaborative Halloween blog story, is up at the Amber Heat blog. Check it out.

~ * ~

It's my author day at the NCP blog, and I'm talking about ghosts. Come over and say hi, and share your ghost stories.





"My husband said, "Show me your boobs," and I had to pull up my skirt..." ~Dolly Parton


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, gotta gt all those things checked out. It is a must.

Had my PAP last week....

Mari

Sam said...

Hey, get some good pics to post while you're there! ;-)
hehehe

Sherrill Quinn said...

Good on you, Mari!

Sam... tsk tsk. I know you're getting tired of all the man pics I keep posting. I'll get a good girlie pic for you one day, I promise. But I can also promise it will *not* be one of me! *G*

Sherrill Quinn said...

Mindy, I'm glad to hear you're doing better. :)

Pamk said...

Had both of those. Need to have a pap done. Probably need a mammo too

Sherrill Quinn said...

Git 'er done, Pam! Just git 'er done!!