Sunday, March 18, 2007

And The Waiting Begins...Again

Back in September/October I started an agent search. I sent queries to eight-nine agents--got immediate rejections and immediate requests for partials, followed by rejections. I also had no response from a few of them. I put the search on hold, figuring that if St. Martins indicated interest in the manuscript, I'd get back in touch with the agent(s) and see if they'd be interested now.

Well, it's still alive. While I haven't heard back from St. Martins yet (she's only had it five months), I did get an email from an agent's assistant telling me the agent enjoyed reading my partial and asking me to send in the full manuscript. Which I did yesterday.

So, now the waiting begins. Again.


"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew." ~St. Francis De Sales

4 comments:

Sierra Dafoe said...

Yay, Sherrill! That's wonderful news! And yep, it's the nature of the beastie... But patience will be rewarded! I know it!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Thanks, Sierra. I'd love to be able to email the agent and say, "Hey! Just got the call from St. Martins..." *G*

But we'll just have to wait and see.

Sam said...

Good luck, M'Lady, but I doubt you need any
:-)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Oh, Sam, I need all the luck I can get! *G*