Saturday, July 05, 2008

Star Trek and Stargate Atlantis

I don't talk about it here much (well, not *too* much), but I'm a Stargate Atlantis fan--I love the team dynamics, the action, the suspense and, of course, the cutie-pie known as Joe Flanigan (who plays the lead, Lt. Col. John Sheppard). While browsing around Gateworld.net, I came across a link for a video that is just too funny, and thought I'd share it here.

Keep in mind, this is one of the "inside" jokes on Atlantis--that Sheppard is a "Kirk" when it comes to alien women. But I think you'll enjoy this if you like Star Trek, even if you've never seen Atlantis. It's about 4 minutes long.



LOL!


P.S. Now that dang song's gonna be playing in my head all day, 'cause of course I had to make sure the embedded link still worked before I posted my blog.

P.P.S. According to my friend S, this song was really popular in the 80s in Australia. I'd never heard it until I stumbled across this video. There are, of course, a couple of videos at YouTube that use actual Star Trek footage with this song, but, hey, I think Joe's cuter than Bill. *G*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! I heard the song umpteen years ago and thought it was funny. But pairing it with Stargate: Atlantis was a stroke of genius!

Sherrill Quinn said...

Tori, my favorite part of that song (aside from the entire Kirk part ("ha-ha we come in peace, shoot to kill...")) is when in the Uhuru part the singer goes "klingons on the starboard bow, scrape 'em off, Jim!". ROFLMAO!

And putting the song with Atlantis clips... Priceless!