Saturday, July 19, 2008

It's An Odd Feeling

For the last two and a half years, just about every free moment I've had has been used writing, planning what I'm going to write, or thinking about writing (and feeling guilty if I wasn't). The last two days I've been doing other things (and this weekend, also)--and it's a weird feeling. My head keeps trying to tell me that I should be writing--or feeling guilty that I'm not--and I have to keep reminding myself that, no, it's okay. I actually scheduled this downtime (it was supposed to start on Monday, only I didn't finish my WIP until Wednesday night), so it's O.K.

My sewing machine *is* working, but it's putting a zig-zag stitch in with the straight stitches about every two inches or so, and I don't know why. It's been probably 7-8 years since I used the machine and I was amazed I remembered how to thread the thing. So figuring out why the stitching is a little wonky is beyond my ability at this point. And it doesn't, in the long run, impact the look of the rocking horse. I should have the 24" rocking horse done this morning, and hope to get at least two of the 12" horses done by this evening.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: