Sunday, May 06, 2007

Excerpt From SEASONS OF SEDUCTION VOLUME 1


Gaelen Brecca and Leax Ilan are sent to retrieve their leader's errant bride. The princess becomes stubborn, plus they're attacked by enemy Raiders, and so end up taking Earth woman Madison Marquette along as well. The two men are enchanted by her beauty, her bravery, and her wit. She might just be the woman these bond-brothers need to complete their triad.

Madison has lived an adventurous life--vicariously through the wild tales of her best friend, tales that Madison has turned into sci-fi romance novels. Grabbing onto the opportunity to truly have an adventure, she is stunned to find lust and love as well. She must overcome her natural tendency to look for safety and make a life for herself with her two alien lovers. Can they secure her sensual surrender?

~ * ~

Through the wide view screen at the front of the ship’s bridge, Gaelen Brecca stared at the planet his space vessel currently orbited. “I’ll teleport down, grab the woman, and we’ll be out of here before anyone knows what happened. Stay out of range of their satellites, Chardon. And be ready,” he cautioned his communications officer, who also manned the teleportation controls.

“There have been reports of Raiders in this area, and you know how much they’d love to get their hands on a royal princess. The ransom they’d get for her would fund their weapons deals for years.”

“I’ll be on guard, my lord.” The blond man didn’t look up from his control panel. “Sensors indicate there is another woman with Supreme Lord Travven’s betrothed. You may want to take a pacifier, sir.”

“Thank you, Chardon.” Gaelen moved into the maglift. “Have Commander Ilan meet me at the teleport pad.”

The maglift whisked Gaelen to deck fifteen, where he stopped at the med bay to pick up a tranquilizer pistol. He snorted as he remembered what Chardon had called it. A pacifier.

Doctor Braden Tabari stepped out of his small office. “What can I do for you, my lord?”

Gaelen scowled. “With every last person on this ship ‘my lording’ me, Bray, I’d hoped I wouldn’t hear it from you, too.”

“You are now the First Province of Drace, my lord,” the doctor replied, seemingly unperturbed by his captain’s burst of ill temper. By the mischief sparking in his dark eyes, Tabari actually seemed to be enjoying it. “It would be inappropriate for us to address you as anything other than ‘my lord’. Or would you prefer ‘Lord Brecca’? Or perhaps ‘Brecca, Bearer of the Most Sacred—’”

“Oh, for the love of Mystros,” Gaelen muttered. “I’d prefer that you call me Gaelen. We’re friends, remember?”

Smiling faintly, Tabari clasped him on the shoulder and squeezed. He dropped his hand and asked again, “What can I do for you, my lord?”

Kotka njall.” After growling the curse, Gaelen raked his hand through his hair. If he’d known that becoming First Province of Drace would put such formality between him and his friends, he’d have told his cousin Rafe to retrieve his own damned woman. Or, better still, to go fuck himself. He just might yet, after this fool’s mission. He was governor of the largest province on Reivas and the captain of the fleet’s flagship. His last mission shouldn’t be as some goddamned babysitter for the runaway bride of the Supreme Lord.

Family could be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

With a shake of his head, he brought his thoughts back to the matter at hand. “I need a tranquilizer pistol, just in case the princess refuses to cooperate.”

Tabari’s eyebrows rose. “That’ll go over well with the Talarians. You tranquing their princess and all.” The doctor opened a cabinet and withdrew a small, silver gun. “Obviously you’ve located her.”

Gaelen grunted. “After four months of following her trail and stopping by three other planets, yes, we’ve finally found her.” He nodded toward the tranq gun. “I’ll only use it if she leaves me no other choice. Make sure you load it with enough for two.”

“What, you’re planning on bringing a female back for yourself?”

“No.” Gaelen didn’t appreciate the humor and sent Tabari a dark look. “I want it in case I need to tranq the woman with Juliska if she gives me any trouble.”

“What woman with Juliska?” Tabari pushed two vials into the chamber and primed the barrel.

Gaelen shrugged. “A friend, perhaps? We’ll be teleporting directly into the house where they are. I doubt she’s seen people appear out of thin air before. I want to be prepared for trouble.”


Choosing Madison, part of SEASONS OF SEDUCTION VOLUME 1 - available at Ellora's Cave and Amazon.com!

No comments: