Saturday, May 05, 2007

Doctor's Visit

This is too funny not to be shared. Don't know if it's a true story or not--doesn't really matter. There's always some truth to stories even if they're complete fiction. Wouldn't you agree?

THE DOCTOR'S VISIT

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call to tell me I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 a.m. I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45. The trip to the doctor's office takes about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.

As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort with hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothesbasket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was called in after only a few minutes in the waiting room. I disrobed, hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended I was somewhere--anywhere--else.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?"

I didn't respond. After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal--shopping, cleaning, cooking. After school, when my 6-year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?"

I told her to get another one. She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink. It had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it."

Never going back to that doctor. Never ever.



LOL Even though I suspect this is a complete urban legend, I can see it happening, can't you?

I'll be at a workshop all day today, then going out afterwards for margaritas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, and no doubt recuperating tomorrow, so I'll see y'all on Monday! Have a terrific weekend. Happy Cinco de Mayo!!



"A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up." ~Mae West

2 comments:

Sam said...

I've read it before and I still laugh my but off :-D

Sherrill Quinn said...

Me, too, Sam. It's fun-ny!