Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What's With All This Craziness?!?

Take a look at the pictures below. One of them was taken back in December in Ohio. One was taken yesterday here in southern Arizona. Tell me if you can tell which is which:





It was beautiful here yesterday. I took the day off (I usually only work 1/2 days on Mondays, but the way the roads were here--we have no salt trucks or snow plows--it was the right day to take off), so I could sit inside and enjoy the beauty. Once the sun had been out for a while and had helped to melt the ice off the roads, I ran some errands.

Here are some pictures I took while I was out:


I think this last one is my favorite--it's a shot of Thimble Peak. Mount Lemmon is behind it, but you can't see the rest of the mountains because of the cloud cover. But see the palm trees in the foreground? Covered with snow. What a sight--snow in the desert.


We're supposed to have a freeze again tonight, but hopefully the roadways will be relatively dry and the commute into work will be somewhat normal. Keep your fingers crossed--I don't want to take three hours to travel 12 miles. And if they close the overpasses/bridges across the washes and rivers, I'll be stuck on my side of town 'til they open them up. Hmm. Wonder if the boss would let me take another day off...?

Oh, and if you guessed the first picture was taken here in Arizona, you were right!





"Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, "I'm going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I'm going to snow anyway." ~Maya Angelou

No comments: