Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Donald And Rosie

Have you caught the latest celebrity feud? I have no idea what started it or who, and I frankly don't care. All I caught last night were a few sound bites of Donald Trump calling Rosie O'Donnell a slob. And that "someone should say to her fat, ugly face 'You're fired.'"

Why is it people always resort to name-calling about physical characterstics? Because we instinctively go for the jugular and calling an overweight person a fat slob we know can devastate that person? You know what? I'm fat. I know I'm fat. I don't need you to call my attention to it. Thank you very much.

So, here's Rosie making fun of The Donald and calling him names, and over there is The Donald giving back just as good as he's getting. Aren't either one of them worried about slander? I guess not. Or they've both got so much money they just don't care.

Of course, most of us were raised by mothers who told us, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

Wonder where Mrs. Trump and Mrs. O'Donnell are...?




"I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number of carats in a diamond." ~Mae West

2 comments:

Angela's Designs said...

And isn't he just the epitome of a charming gentleman?

Sherrill Quinn said...

Hey, Annalee! Good to see you. :)

And, yeah, like he's got any room to talk...