Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Time To Do Some Pruning

It's been coooooold here in southern Arizona--down to 20 degrees night before last, and our low last night was somewhere around 25-27 degrees. That's cold for here.

Then the wind picked up last night. I woke up around 2:00 this morning with a tree branch scraping across my bedroom window. Screech. Screech. Screeeeeeeeech. Aargh!!!

Needless to say, I know I'm going to be pretty much worthless at work today from about 11:00 a.m. on. Subsisting on 4 hours of sleep does that to me. So I'm thinking I need to locate my pruning shears and see if I can't do some clipping. Not sure I'll be able to reach the branch(es) that are being so rude, and I'm not sure it'll be good for them to be clipped when it's so cold outside (although it's supposed to get up to the mid-high 50s today, it's back to about 28 tonight). But I gotta tell ya... If it's between the tree being a little hurt and me getting sleep...

Sleep wins, hands-down.

Have a good day, everyone!




"Women should be obscene and not heard." ~Groucho Marx

No comments: