Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's Movie Quote Time Again

Well, the last time I did this I ended up with three movie quotes that no one guessed. So I'm going to list them here again (with some hints), along with some new favorite quotes of mine:

1. I'm looking at a tin star with a drunk pinned on it. (an old western starring John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and James Caan.) El Dorado ~ Pam
2. If we ever go to war with Utah, we'll really kick ass. (John Travolta doing what he does best--being a bad guy.) Broken Arrow ~ Emma
3. Yes, we have Nosferatu! We have Nosferatu today! (Mel Brook's take on a horror classic.) Dracula: Dead and Loving It ~ Janet
4. You vindictive sack of silicone! First Wives Club ~ Marty
5. This calls for some really tiny knickers. Bridget Jones' Diary ~ jennybrat
6. If you ever loved me, do not rob me of my hate. It is all I have left. The Count of Monte Cristo ~ Janet
7. Fuck the sweater. She'll have to learn to live with disappointment. The American President ~ Marty
8. It obviously doesn't do any good to pull your heads off in front of people if they can't see you. Beetlejuice ~ Emma and Sam
9. It's a Smith and Wesson. And you've had your six. Dr. No ~ Marty
10. I'm drowning here and you're describing the water. As Good As It Gets ~ Maya
11. I'd give up forever to touch you. City of Angels ~ Janet
12. You cannot imagine the pain I have endured. I was born of the very wrath of God. Dracula 2000 ~ Janet
13. Never rub another man's rhubarb. Batman ~ Maya
14. Well, as long as the collar and cuffs match... Diamonds Are Forever ~ Marty
15. Excuse me while I whip this out. Blazing Saddles ~ Sam
16. I merely chewed in self-defense. I never swallowed. Dragonheart ~ Marty

All you need to do is leave a comment with your guess of the movie title. No prizes, just fun. :) When I get home from work this evening, I'll go back in and post the correct answers with the name of the commenter. Now, don't go crazy and guess all of 'em, and no cheating! Don't "Google" the quote to get the movie...

Okay? Let the games begin...





"Virtue has its own reward, but no sale at the box office." ~Mae West

15 comments:

Em said...

Is #2 Broken Arrow?
#3 Young Frankenstien
#8 Beetlejuice

I'm sure I know #14 and 15, but can't come up with them at the moment. This is a fun game!

Sam said...

2 Swordfish?
3 Young Frankenstein
8 Beetlejuice?
11 That's from a song by... Nickleback?
(I'd give up forever to touch you, cos I know you feel the same way, you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't want to go home tonight)
11 I know it, I really do! arg!
15 Blazing Saddles!

Maya Reynolds said...

Okay, I'll go for the two Jack Nicholson quotes: (10) As Good As It Gets and (13) One of the Batman movies with Nicholson as the Joker.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Emma - #2 IS Broken Arrow. Finally! :)

#3 is NOT Young Frankenstein

#8 IS Beetlejuice

2 out of 3 ain't bad. *G*

Sherrill Quinn said...

Sam, see my comment to Emma on #2. :)

#3 - errrr. Thank you for playing, but it's NOT Young Frankenstein.

#8 is Beetlejuice. Okay. Y'all are guessing the same ones...

#11 is a song, but it's a quote from a movie, too.

#15 is Blazing Saddles. Yay!

Thanks for playing, buddy. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Maya, you're right! #10 is from As Good As It Gets, and #13 is from Batman (the first one), where Jack is The Joker.

Thanks for playing! :)

J said...

I think #5 is Bridget Jones in Bridget Jones' Diary.

Sherrill Quinn said...

jennybrat--you're right! #5 is from Bridget Jones' Diary--a really fun movie! :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Yay, Pam! You got #1! It is El Dorado--a very fun movie.

Thank you so much for your kind words, hon. I'm glad you enjoy my books. And thanks for playing the game. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

No, no, NO! #3 is NOT Young Frankenstein! Come on, people!!

Marty, you got all the other ones you guessed right. Try #3 again! :)

Anonymous said...

#3 Dracula: Dead and Loving It ?

#6 is from The Count of Monte Cristo (2002).

#12 Dracula 2000

Sherrill Quinn said...

Ding-ding-ding-ding! Janet got #3 right! Yay!! Finally. *G*

And your other two guesses, Janet, were spot on as well. :)

Sherrill Quinn said...

Just one more to go--#11. Here's a hint: stars Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan.

Anonymous said...

Oh,then #11 must be City of Angels

Sherrill Quinn said...

You got it, Janet! :)

Thanks, everyone, for playing.