Thursday, February 01, 2007

When English Isn't Your First Language

At work yesterday I was reviewing job-related accidents that occurred in 2006--I have to post our OSHA 300 logs today, which detail types of injuries, days lost, restricted work days, etc. Usually pretty boring stuff. Except... in one of the reports, one of our drivers was in a company truck, waiting for a car to turn, and was rear-ended by some guy. Only that's not quite what he wrote.

What he wrote on the accident report went something like this:

"I was waiting to turn and a gay heat my behind."

I snorted my diet coke. And realized that, some days, it's all worth it, just for little things like that.

Hope I have as good a day today as I did yesterday. *G*





"It isn't what I do, but how I do it. It isn't what I say, but how I say it, and how I look when I do it and say it." ~Mae West

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh damn...that's hilarious, Sherrill!!

Sherrill Quinn said...

You can't make this stuff up, Jenna. *G*

Landra Douglas said...

LOL My real job I am an insurance claims adjuster... Trust me, some of the stuff people do and say is just hilarious!

Sherrill Quinn said...

I can only imagine, Bridget. The ways people can get themselves in trouble, and then try to talk their way out of it... :)

Sam said...

Now that's funny :-D

Sherrill Quinn said...

I'm tellin' ya, Sam. I know people at the office thought I'd lost it--sitting there laughing and snorting my coke up my nose. LOL